Friday, February 15, 2019

Mixing and matching

FNSI started early for me today.    The last lot of fabric that was given to me  by the charity organiser contained a lot of plain fabric so in order to "dress" it up I used up some odds and ends of floral  fabrics that were left over from garments  previously made either for Miss M or myself.    I hate having fabric sitting around without a purpose.   Out with the scissors and four dresses were cut out - they will have floral bodices and sleeves with plain skirts.


I even had enough time  to finish off one today.   I timed myself from the cutting out stage to completion - it  takes approx. 3 hours per dress for this design.  


Thanks Wendy for organising us again.    I hope that you are "drying out" after the big wet up your way.  

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all



6 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen what a beautiful finish the colour is so soft and the dress so pretty,it will be well loved,well done my friend xx

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Good on you getting an early start, I haven't signed up so off to do that now. Beautiful stitching on your dresses and no time at all to make them up. :)

Ondrea said...

Another sweet dress for some little gal. You are so clever.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That's so sweet and Pretty Karen....well done x

Maria said...

Such a sweet dress to put a smile on a little ones face..

Bethan said...

I love the mix of patterned and plain fabrics - what a great way to use your stash! Such a sweet dress too x