Friday, July 31, 2020

More Masks & WOOFA Challenge

I had a request from my parents over the weekend for some masks.    They had seen on my blog those that were previously made and asked if  they could also have two each.


I have these down to a fine art now and they can be sewn up in very little time.   Whilst making these I did cut a couple of extras for hubs and I.    They are yet to be sewn up.

My WOOFA challenge for this month was to finish off, pack up and hand over the skirts and bibs that I have been working  on and off during the year for Sri Lanka.     It is unsure how the packaging up of  all the items and getting the containers overseas will happen this year due to COVID-19.    Time will tell.   Now head on over to Cheryll's blog to see what other challenges were met for the month.

Beanie no 8 was sewn up and "pom pommed" in front of tv last night.


That will be the last one to be made for this year.   They are also packed up together with the 20 aprons made earlier on and ready to hand over as well. 


The knitting needles and basket can go back on top of the cupboard in the sewing room until next year.

Since the beginning of June a notice appeared on my blog telling me that the interface will change at the end of the month or I could click a button to try it .   June came and went and nothing happened so I chose to ignore the notice and hoped that it would go away.   It showed up in July and for the last 3 1/2 weeks again I chose to ignore it again and hoped that it would go away but today it was changed for me.     I do have the option to change back to the original interface within 4 weeks but I will give it a go and see what happens.  I will let you know in due course if this is the right decision.  

Back soon and in the meantime

 Happy sewing all

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

Lovely package of goodies to be sent away and great finish with the beanie. I think We are all dealing with the new interface, it took me a good 5 mins this morning to work out how to do a new post!! 😁😁

retdairyqueen said...

There is going to be a big call for masks now
Good on you

Cheryll said...

Making masks is a necessary task at the moment, isn't it. It's a shame some "positive" people just cannot stay home and help contain its spread. Your masks will help keep you safe.
Congrats on your WOOFA challenge being completed too...xox

Fiona said...

you have put together a wonderful bundle to send off and the mask making is going well... I have done a few more today also...
Have a lovely weekend...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

probably need to think about making some masks if Sydney and Victoria keep spreading....ive been on the new interface for some time now. Seems to be fine so far.......

Maria said...

Fab parcel you've put together ...
Do you put anything in the middle of your masks ?