Friday, July 16, 2021

FNSI

As mentioned in my previous post the challenge HST quilt was returned to me during the week.   I made an early start this morning in the sewing room as I wanted to get the binding finished today.    Not sure why the urgency to do so as  neither I or the quilt are going anywhere soon but I do not like to have unfinished things around me for too long.    So here it is all quilted and bound.

You may recall that 3 of us from my small Tuesday group each chose different fabrics to make the same quilt and this is how the others  look.   The other two quilts were finished a few weeks before mine due to our move.     


It is quite amazing how different they look in the other colourways.   I chose to use another  fabric for the sashing between the blocks instead of the background fabric which gives the quilt a totally different look again.  

It was a fun challenge and all three quilts are being donated to charity.

I look forward to the next challenge to be set by another member of the group.   

It is such a beautiful day today and after being in the sewing room for a couple of hours  it is time to put on our walking shoes and go for a walk.  The complex that  hubs and I moved into just nearly 3 months ago is set on 11 acres and the gardens around the area are just beautiful with the best part being able to enjoy them without having to do the hard work.  First up we will head on down one of the many pretty paths that lead to the outside pool.    As you can see it is covered up for winter.

There is also an indoor heated pool but that it out of bounds at the moment due to COVID.    I am so looking forward to being able to get back into it.   

Heading back we will walk along one of the paths that lead to the fish pond.      The fish  all swam up to me thinking that lunch was being served.  


Along the paths can be seen many gorgeous plants including a very dark purple hydrangea which I have not seen before.   


Thank you for joining me in the garden walk and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.  

Thanks goes to Wendy for hosting us again.    Head on over here to see more progress/finishes on projects.

Linking with Put Your Foot Down

Back soon and in the meantime stay safe and

Happy sewing all  

11 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish Karen, your quilts all look wonderful. Thanks for a look around the gardens, nice to have somewhere to go outside during the lockdown.

ButterZ said...

It’s always great seeing the same quilt made in different colours. They have such a different look.

Fiona said...

Love your quilt and as you say it's amazing looking at how different the others look.... Challenges like that are great fun....
Such a lovely place you have moved to....
Hugz

Janice said...

I love how different each of the quilts look. Someone will really appreciate receiving them. The grounds of your complex are beautiful. You are fortunate to have them to wander through

Susan said...

Yes they all look so different - I like your coloured sashings..

Your gardens look lovely and as you say - none of the hard work.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is a lot of fun to see quilts in different colorways. It is amazing how different they can look. Have a wonderful weekend

Maria said...

Great finish and the three do look very different … wish I had your drive to finish projects. At last count there are three pinned ready to quilt and now two more flimsy !!!!!!!!
Such a lovely garden to go for walks in and how good not to have to do the gardening?

Ondrea said...

Your quilt is beautiful and looks the best of all in my opinion. The others are lovely too but yours seems to stand out. Probably the red and the sashings. A beautiful area to take a walk.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Karen, it always amazes me how different the same pattern can look in different colours, just like the ones you show here. All lovely, btw. Wow, what a lovely complex you live in. Thanks for sharing photos. It sounds ideal.

Sharon Kwilter said...

What a lovely common area, that looks like a great place to live.

For the love of geese said...

So amazing how the same pattern can look so different. Well done to all. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down last week.