Thursday, July 8, 2021

This Week in the Sewing Room

Saw me join up with two blog hops - one due at the end of this month and one in the middle of August.  I need to put some thought into what I am going to make especially for "Its a Guy Thing" .  Lockdown has been extended for us Greater Sydneysiders for another week at least so plenty of time to do some research and gather a few ideas.    

I did finish off another beanie - this one for a boy.

A visit to the library has kept me in reading material.    These three are finished and ready to be returned.

The first one I thoroughly enjoyed and it did keep me guessing as to "who dunnit" as it could have been anyone of a number of characters all with a motive.    I did suggest to hubs that he might enjoy reading it as well seeing that it is set in a school environment and being a retired headmaster he might find it interesting.    He was also kept guessing as to who and why.  

The second book was a light and easy read but very predictable and the third book "Suitcase of Dreams" I could not put down.   It was full of dreams for a new beginning with the struggle and hardship to obtain those dreams a rollercoaster ride  for the family involved.  

Next in the pile to read is 

The binding that was cut last week was finally put on the Christmas runner for the hospital auxillary stall.    This can now be called a finish.   

                                                              

So that was my week in and around the sewing room.

Linking with Put Your Foot Down

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

11 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous beanie and nice table runner…..
Good to have some good reading material….

Fiona said...

I love the Christmas runner and another beanie done! Lots of reading there for you.... great way to get 'lost' especially since you are still in lockdown....
HUgz

Cheryll said...

Great "beanie" and wonderful table runner... & thanks for the book recommendations too.
I'll add them to my list...xox

kiwikid said...

Great list of books there Karen, will look into some myself. The runner looks great and the beanie is cute. Hope lock down does not last too long for you all.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Thanks for the book suggestions. Our local library is closed with the lockdown so luckily I'd been recently and have a few still to get through.
Cute beanie and good luck with ideas for the upcoming blog hops.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sounds like a pretty fabulous week. Super cute beanie and love your table runner. Happy quilting.

jude's page said...

Well done on your finishes and the book reading

Ondrea said...

That beanie looks very warm. Lots of good reading there. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy during lockdown. That is the good thing about having hobbies. Keep safe.

Janice said...

You won’t be bored during your restrictions. A couple of good finishes as well as books read. It’s good weather to be reading. Mick read A Suitcase of Dreams and the book that preceded it. I missed reading the first one, so didn’t read the second. He really enjoyed them. At least you have some more books from the library.

dq said...

Wow, you must read a lot or you are a fast reader. I am reading reviews on a couple of your books.

For the love of geese said...

If you only knew the things that came to mind for the upcoming blog hop, I'll just leave it at that. Love your runner. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.