Sunday, July 4, 2021

Sewing via the Screen

Yesterday Chookyblue organised another fun Zoom day.    At one point there was  just over 20 of us from all over the world on the screen at once.   I had organised to work on finishing off the coasters that I started on Friday night which I did.

Mid morning Miss M phoned to say that she would like to Facetime with grandpa and me so I signed off from the chook shed and Miss M kept us entertained for over 2 hours by reading, colouring in, showing us her collection of pretty beads and then it was onto dressing up her paper dolls.   I remember playing with paper dolls when I was her age.    

By then it was lunchtime.   After lunch I retrieved some washing off the line and got around to ironing some binding for the placemats and a Christmas runner.

Time to head back into the chookshed and join in with the rest of the hens again.   By this time - mid afternoon - most of the overseas participants had signed off and it was those from Downunder and Lou from NZ  who were left.    

Thanks Chooky for organsing another fun sewing day.

Linking with So Scrappy

Back soon and in the meantime

 Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

It was nice to see you on Zoom chat yesterday. Hugs, xx

Chookyblue...... said...

was lovely to catch up again yesterday Karen........

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How wonderful to be able to connect with friends. Have a great weekend.

Ondrea said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time in cyberspace, especially with Miss M.

Lin said...

Sad I had to miss another zoom with Chooky but once again life got in the way. Glad you had a good time and fun with your grandaughter. xx

kiwikid said...

Was nice to see you on zoom Karen, lovely to spend zoom time with Miss M.

Janice said...

It was fun to catch up on Saturday. Isn’t it wonderful that you can spend time with grandies via FaceTime. I loved paper dolls, much preferring them to real dolls.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on finishing up those coasters with BLUE scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

Raewyn said...

You had a very sociable and screen filled day! I joined in with the Chookshed at the very end so missed seeing a lot of people.

dq said...

Hi Karen. I was on for only about an hour. My evening visitor came hours earier. I always enjoy visiting with you online!