Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Playing with some scraps

As one does.    This is a bit of an experiment in that I am using a couple of different ideas to make a small pouch.    I liked some of this pattern, some of that pattern and a bit of the other.    It looks good in my mind but time will tell in reality.


Four of these panels are required to be made and they now look like this. 


The next step is to be worked out as I am still a bit undecided if I will use a zip or have a snap top.

The beanie that was on the needles last week is now all sewn up and the necessary pom pom added.

Another one has also been completed.  I alternate between girl and boy coloured beanies.  


In between beanies I was able to whip up an apple and cinnamon cake to enjoy for morning tea.  It was just taken out of the oven and cooling on a rack before slicing it up.  


The next book in the pile to read


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

7 comments:

ButterZ said...

Your pouch looks interesting

Maria said...

Looks like a great pouch will be made from your scraps..
Love the big Pom poms on the beanies..
Your slice looks delicious 😋
You have a good book to sit and read too.
Keeping busy in lockdown!

Fiona said...

I like the look of those blues together.... maybe a pouch already exists... Another couple of lovely beanies done - Ive recently enjoyed books by Sally Hepworth... have you read her?
Hugz

Helen said...

Great fabric for a pouch love the colours. Delicious looking slice, cute beanie.x

kiwikid said...

The fabrics for your pouch look great. The slice looks yum and the beanies great. Enjoy your book.

jude's page said...

Look forward to seeing your progress on the pouch.

Ondrea said...

Looking good so far. Love the beanies. Enjoy your book. I started one a few weeks ago but put it aside as I wasn't enjoying it. I opened another but have only read 1 chapter. I need to get in the mood for reading again.