Sunday, August 22, 2021

The New Norm

Finding ways to connect socially with family and friends has somewhat changed for most of us over the past 2 years.  No longer do we need to get into our cars and drive to a venue - it is now a matter of opening up a screen and logging on which is what I and quite a few others did yesterday when Chooky held another Zoom session.   

While chatting away I was having a play around with these fabrics.

I did finish off what I wanted to make but more on that later on as I have joined CalicoJoan for another fun blog hop to be held at the end of September.    Those on the screen yesterday did have a sneak preview.   

While zooming along yesterday I had an unexpected Facetime call  so signed off from one screen and spent sometime with Miss M, her mummy and daddy.   During that conversation Miss M mentioned that she thinks she will have forgotten how to give hugs as it has been such a long time since she has given one.    She was also playing a game with some of her toys and taking them on a holiday.  Hubs asked if she going to the country to which she replied " No grandpa you cannot leave your local government area".      That conversation somewhat saddened me to think that this is how 7 year olds are now thinking.   I was not aware of what a LGA was at seven let alone knowing that I could not travel out of it and only go 5 kms from home.   

After lunch I logged back into the Zoom sewing session and was able to sit outside in the glorious sunshine and finished off the shaping on another beanie.

After many hours of chatting  the battery on the Ipad needed recharging so I signed off and went back into the sewing room where I finished off another snap top pouch.

Thank you Chooky for organising yesterday and it is always lovely to catch up with everyone and be inspired by some lovely projects at the same time.

Back soon and in the meantime stay safe & 

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

kiwikid said...

It was lovely to catch up yesterday. Life is very different for the young ones these days isn’t it. The beanie looks good Karen. Enjoyed the sneak preview 😁

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Sorry I missed you yesterday Karen. I didn't get the chance to log in until the afternoon. I agree that kids are coping with some different challenges, especially when it comes to learning and socializing with friends.

ButterZ said...

I love the snap bag. I really need to make one and have been saying it for months. One day it will happen. I should have written down what your other project was as I can’t remember the name. I need a closer look at it. And I agree from zoom chat. Your walks are wonderful.

Fiona said...

sounds like a good catch up..... so far we have still been able to meet physically so grateful for that... could stop anytime I know...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

I am sorry I missed yesterday but shall try to join in next time if I can work out how to get into Zoom again lol. I actually didn't have any hand sewing or crochet to do. Love thst beanie and the blue yarns you have used. Bless Miss M .

Narelle said...

Lovely pouch and great looking beanie.
It is a nice way to keep in touch with each other and "meet" new friends both near and far xx

loulee said...

You had a very productive day. Was good to see you again.

jude's page said...

Your pouch looks fantastic, and yes, keeping in touch is much easier for us now than years ago. We can watch our grandies grow up on our screens when we are unable to be with them.

Chookyblue...... said...

the pouch looks great........lovely to catch up with you on zoom once again.........