Saturday, April 16, 2022

FNSI

Miss M spent the first half of the week with us and fortunately the weather was behaving itself which allowed us to do all the outdoor activitites that we had planned.    First up was our ferry ride from Manly to the city.   Coming into Circular Quay


Heading home with the City behind us


The next day we headed off to Balmoral Beach.   Unfortunately the water was quite polluted from all the recent rain and flooding so swimming was off the agenda but we did go for a walk and enjoyed fish and chips for lunch.


The all important chocolate cake was made


And given the taste test


Challenging grandpa to a game of Snap


Miss M has since returned home to enjoy the rest of the school holidays with her mum, dad and various friends.  

I was asked by one of the ladies who bought a bowl cosy did I have a dinner plate size one......"leave it with me and I will have a play around and see what happens" was my reply.   I did say that there would be no charge because it was my pro-type but she had to give me feedback as to how it works, should it be smaller, shallower or???????

Here is the result.  This was modelled on one of my dinner plates.  I did give it a quick trial in my microwave and it seem to work perfectly so it will be interesting to hear her verdict.  


I have since been asked by someone else to make an entree plate size one and 6 more orders have come in for bowl cosies.   Last night was spent cutting the cosies out and marking up ready to sew.


I have also been asked to make a soft bag suitable to carry an Ipad in for someone who uses a walker.  After some discussion we came up with sizing, handle lengths and using Velcro as the closure instead of a zip for quick and easier access.   That is in the drawing up stage at present.

Thanks again Wendy for organising us and you can see more crafting here.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Easter.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Maria said...

Miss M has grown heaps…I’m sure she had a lovely visit with you.
The chocolate cake looks yum.
Bet you’ve finished those cosies now.
Was nice to catch up today on Zoom.

Fiona said...

fun time with Miss M..... you did some great activities.... looks like the bowl cosies are a real hit!
Hugz

Susan said...

I wouldn't be able to re3sist a ferry trip to Manly either. (I Do miss Sydney - the harbour & beaches).
You are on a roll with the cosies...hope the dinner plate one is a success.

FlashinScissors said...

Looks like you and Miss M had a great time! Chocolate cake looks delicious!
I love your bowl cosies, and really need some - right, I’m off to look for suitable fabric now!
Barbara xx

Ondrea said...

Miss M has grown! Quite the young lady now. Woohooo, your cosies are becomming quite a venture now.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen how lovely to spend precious time with Miss M ,looks like she had a lot of fun.
Wow so happy for you to be so busy with orders your cosies are awesome,well done KaRen 💕🤍💕

Helen said...

Loved seeing your photos of Sydney, brings back a lot of memories for me and so nice to enjoy time with young ones....... great sewing as well.

Raewyn said...

It looks like you had a lovely time with Miss M. Nice that the weather behaved for you. It does sound like you are getting quite a reputation for your creative makes - very rewarding :-)

jude's page said...

Good memories made with Miss M, and with all your orders, you won't be bored anytime soon!

dq said...

Time spent with Miss M looks delightful!