Thursday, June 30, 2022

Dashing through the blocks

After unpicking my first attempt at sewing up the churn dash blocks I am pleased to say that take two was successful and can now show what has been completed so far.   

Putting those blocks aside for the moment it was time to carry on finishing off "sewing backwards" on paper which has now been completed and the paper removed.   Such a tedious job but it does come off easily if using a very small stitch.


While the Christmas fabrics are out I will carry on and make some mini Christmas stockings.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Ooooh I love your churn dash blocks. Those dark corners give the blocks a whole new look and feel.

Janice said...

I love the nice fresh colours you are using for your churn dash blocks. It makes sense to start stitching for Christmas. It will be here before we know it.

loulee said...

Your churn dash blocks look great.
Foundation paper sewing takes a bit of getting your head around, but so much fun once you get it! It's a good time to sew for Christmas.

Janet O. said...

Really nice version of the Churn Dash!
Mini Christmas stockings? Oh, I want to see!!

Lin said...

T=Your Chuirn Dashes look great - those dark corner triangles give it a whole different look. xx

kiwikid said...

Wonderful Churn Dashes, love the colours you have used. Good to hear your backwards sewing is going well.

Fiona said...

Great churndashes with the other colour in the corner.... love it.... backwards sewing is going well there...
Hugz

jude's page said...

You're churn dashes certainly have a different look laid out like that, and good luck with your backwards sewing. I like to do foundation piecing on vilene, and then I can leave it in and not remove it like you do with the papers. Perhaps I am just lazy?

Susan said...

I wondered about your paper sewing backwardS - now I get it

try to look out for newsprint - I bought a writing pad of it in one of thE cheap shops - much easier to remove than normal copy paper...bUt still a tedious job
Or print onto very fine vilene - not adhesive and leave it in.

(just saw Jude said the same)
Love the Churn Dash - quite a different look.

Tazzie said...

I love your churn dash blocks, and the background fabric you chose really makes them pop!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)