Wednesday, June 1, 2022

I weakened

A couple of weeks ago Chookyblue announced that she is going to organise a SAL for a churndash quilt and as I did not need another quilt it was decided to sit on  the sideline and be the cheer squad for those taking part.    I cannot say what happened during the Chookshed's 10th birthday party on Zoom last weekend but I now find myself off the sideline and in the middle of the action.  

I have however modified my project from a quilt to a tablerunner and perhaps a placemat set and have until the end of this month to pull my fabrics, get sorted and make a start on the blocks.   

Blue has been announced as the RSC colour for June so out with the pile of blue scraps to start sorting them.


Another book was started during the week.   

I did have another order for a phone pouch but this time it was requested that a small flap be put over the top.

While at the "birthday party" on Saturday I cut out some tooth fairy pillows and got the "teeth" stuck down on the front. 


I hope to finish them off on Friday night when joining in with Cheryll and the others for FNwF.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

6 comments:

Fiona said...

I think there is a few of us who were planning to be cheerleaders but are joining in now... it will be fun...
Hugz

Janet O. said...

Welcome to the numbers of those of us who weren't planning to sew along--but now we are. Happy you are joining in, Karen.
And I love those tooth fairy pillows. :)

ButterZ said...

I’ll be your cheer leader

Maria said...

Pleased you joined in…
I’m looking forward to my fabrics to arrive so I can start.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lol....... So pleased you got called off the bench and into the game.......a smaller project is fine......
Cute tooth fairy pillows......

Janice said...

I’m glad you’re joining in. Have fun with all your projects