Monday, May 1, 2023

In and around the sewing room

This past week has involved a pretty sunrise 


With the early morning cloud burning off to reveal a lovely sunny warm day which enabled a walk along the beach

And then a turn in the weather which brought in heavy rain and cooler temperatures.

An invitation to join a book club.   This is the chosen book for this month. 


Being in a book club does force you to read books from other genres and the above book would definitely have not been on my reading list.    It is a side of life that I am aware of but have not have  been exposed to.  Don't get me wrong I am not judging anyone for their lifestyle.  

This coming Saturday sees the hospital holding a Mothers Day stall and some items added to my list to sew during the week were a couple of sets of placemats




Some apple shaped pot holders


Now that I have finished that sewing for the auxiliary it is time to set my goal for this month.   So it is back to my QAYG and hopefully I will have achieved getting 3 more rows added and quilted to what you see below.  


You can see more OMG here.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

Lin said...

Not an author I have heard of but you are right - it is good to read something out of your comfort zone every now and again. Nice makes for the stall. xx

jude's page said...

More lovely projects to sell, not sure about reading books not of my choice

Janice said...

Your stall will benefit greatly from your works once again. I suppose that challenging our reading style is part of what a book club is all about.

Susan said...

I try very hard NOT to read outside my comfort zone. It's supposed to relax me, and tensing up doesn't feel relaxed. If I want reality, I'll find it somewhere else. =) I like your apple pot holders, and expect your projects will sell well!

Susan said...

You have me intrigued about the book now...but will probably stick to the "light & easy" style...perhaps when I get over the "sew whenever I can" urge - I'll be a bit more flexible about what I read.

Love the apple pot holders - all the best for good sales.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful things for your stall Karen - I guess pushing you put of your comfort zone is the object of the book club.

loulee said...

Lovely ideas for the stall. Hope it goes well.

Fiona said...

there can be such lovely days and sunrises/sets this time of the year.... you got lots of sewing done... Yes a book club is a good idea to try new books and have some healthy discussions ... I hope you get some interesting books...
Hugz

dq said...

Cute apples and nine patches. I hope you enjoy your book club as much as I do mine.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful sunrise! I hope you enjoy your book club. Lots of nice sewing projects as well....very cute apples x