Monday, February 5, 2024

15.3 Inside out

When reading the title of this week's challenge earlier today it was put on the backburner of my mind until there was a "light bulb" moment and it hit me that in my previous post to this one "my  #2  Chookshed challenge is to make two reading cushions so why not incorporate the two challenges together" as the reading cushions are made by turning them inside out.  Brilliant was my response to myself.   With that  in mind and seeing that it is an extremely hot day what better way to spend the day  than in the cool of the sewing room.    Some measuring, cutting and ironing on of interfacing took place


Then the sewing where it ended up outside in


And then once completed turned inside out to end up like this


Thanks again Trish (taking over Kim's blog) for another fun challenge.   Pop on over here to see more inside out items.  

So that now leaves me with one more reading cushion to make and my second challenge will be met. 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all  

10 comments:

Susan said...

very clever interpretation!

Lin said...

Great idea and I do love those fabrics. xx

Danice G said...

Very pretty pillow. Bright and cheery fabrics.

Maria said...

Great interpretation of the challenge and also getting half of the Chookshed challenge.

Jodie Solorio said...

Very cool I love the duel challenge idea. I'm looking for inspiration thank you!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great idea to knock out two challenges with a single project!

kiwikid said...

Fantastic Karen to get two for one! You will meet this months challenge no problems.

Janice said...

I love it when one project can tick two boxes. A nice bright, fun reading cushion.

Nikki said...

Great job! Love lightbulb moments!

PersimonDreams said...

This is lovely! And it's even better when you can get a two-fer done!