Wednesday, March 13, 2024

This past week has been all about......

I will begin at the beginning.     We are having an "open day" here in conjunction with Seniors Week and the Sales Manager asked if  I could make some flags to be mounted on dowel sticks which will then be attached to sandwich boards that will placed throughout the complex to guide visitors around to various properties for sale as well as showing the way to the waterfall walk and other lovely garden areas.    In the past they have used balloons but they are no longer allowed.

I was handed the various fabrics to be used (they would definitely have not been my choice as they were 100% polyester with no body and did nothing but slip and slide)


After doing lots of cutting, pinning and sewing


Here is the end result


All folded up and ready to hand over


I will take a photo on Saturday showing them as they are meant to be displayed.  

Also during the week our quilting group was invited by the local Council to take part in a Seniors Expo being held at one of the community halls nearby so myself along with 1 other were on duty to display (we were not demonstrating) quilts and other various items as well as handing out flyers about our group in the hope of attracting new members - our current member numbers are low and we would like to boost that count in order for the group to survive and grow.  

Beanies have still been happening in between other things. 


Hubs and I caught up with some friends for lunch at Randwick Golf club Malabar on a super sparkly day


Our new book club book is


Somewhere in the back of my mind I think that I have read this in the past but will start it as it was sometime ago if I have read it. 

I have just had an email informing me that I was one of the lucky prize winners in Project Quilting challenge 15.5 Wearables and the prize is my choice of a digital quilt pattern from Studio R Quilts.   I look forward to receiving it. 

Time to head off and organise dinner.   Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

dq said...

You have had an exciting week except for the part that involved making little flags from slippy/slidy fabric. Congratulations on your win.
The photo of the ocean view is so beautiful! I hope I get to see Australia again some day.

Lin said...

Congratulations on your win. Those flags are going to be much nicer than bal loons and will hopefully last a few years! xx

Jeanna said...

You have been busy! You did a great job on the flags, in spite of the fabric. I'm sure they will be appreciated. Love those beanies. And congratulations on the win!

Janice said...

You have been very community minded this week. I hope the open day goes well and your seniors week stand attracts new members. Congrats on your prize win.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done tackling those slippery little flags. You've been busy with all your projects. I love that author. Haven't read that one...hope you enjoy it xx

Fiona said...

A busy week for you.... i hope you get more interest in your club -
Hugz

Maria said...

You did a great job of the flags with that slippery fabric..
Lots of beanie knitting happening and outings too.
Good luck getting some new members.
Congrates on your win.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lots of things happening...... Did you get any new people for your group???.