Saturday, March 2, 2024

Chookshed Stitchers #4 challenge and FNwF

Both  happened to land on the one day so first up making a quick check of my challenge list it was revealed that #4 was garment making for myself and how fortunate that it is also the first of autumn as I needed to make myself some light weight sleep pants for the cooler nights ahead - although that maybe sometime off if the temperatures that we are having at the moment do not cool down.  I did have quite a bit of fabric left over from the summer nighties that I made previously which will be ideal for the sleep pants.   

Once that was all sorted it was onto finishing off putting the binding on another charity quilt that I have been working on and off during the course of the week. 

This one is for a girl.  

I made a start on our new book club book today and find it hard to think that anyone could survive such terrible treatment at the hands of other human beings, live to tell their story and go on to have a positive attitude.  

Thanks Deana for organising the Chookshed stitchers challenge and to Cheryll for having us around again last night for FNwF.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all 

9 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looking forward to cooler nights here too. Nice to use up those pretty fabrics....lovely finish on your charity quilt too.
I remember my Hubby read and loved that book xx

Maria said...

The fabrics will make nice PJ pants…
Cute girls quilt.
I had that Audiobook and it was great to listen to the gentleman’s story.

Narelle said...

Please let the cooler weather arrive soon.
I love those fabrics for your pants sewing.

Lin said...

Such pretty fabrics for your trousers and nice to get another finish. xx

kiwikid said...

Great fabric for your sleep pants. I was amazed that the man in the book did stay so positive.

dq said...

I need to check out that book. It sounds inspirational.
Enjoy making your pj's. Someone else in our group is doing the same.

Ondrea said...

Cooler nights? Most nights have been cool here all summer! Today was warm now that it is autumn lol. Lovely quilt. I have not yet read that book but have seen it around.

Janice said...

A very productive evening. The PJs will be pretty. We’ve had a couple of cool nights, but it is warm again now. I’m sure we will get them before too long. Sweet little quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

I think only just this week the temps are stepping back and more like autumn ......