1. Making the last two Sun Bonnet Sue wall/door hangers which has a been project that I started earlier in the year. Some of the scraps that I will using.
2. A bed runner which was started a few years ago. The cupcake fabric is going to be used to make an apron for bub. She is now up to helping in the kitchen and her mummy thought it was time for an apron.
3. A cushion cover for a friend. We are celebrating 40 years of friendship this year and I am going to make her a cushion cover using some ruby fabric to represent our 40th anniversary. So far I have chosen what fabrics I am using as well as drawing out the lines where the pleats will go.
4. We have a new challenge at our quilting group which will involve making a block each month for the next twelve months for each member. So I have to be mindful of this commitment and not overload then feel swamped especially once the year gets underway and life has to happen.
5. I have been giving quite a lot of thought to what block I want made for me and I am thinking that I would like a blue and white HST quilt. I am going to supply the white so it is all the same and the members can put whatever blue with it. So the white fabric will need to be cut and then I will decide on which way I want the HST to go before putting it together.
6. While strictly not a quilt or quilting item there is the pair of shorts that I am making my daughter in law and I also "happened" across the cutest pattern for a winter hat - which does have a patchwork feature band around it- for bub.
7. Take up where I left off on my hexie quilt. I am thinking that I will make it a bed topper for our bed.
8. And of course any other bits and pieces that I happen to see in books, magazines or on the "net" whilst blog hopping.
So for my January goal I will commit to making February's Sun Bonnet Sue with the theme of "Be my Valentine".
Good luck to everyone else joining in this challenge and I look forward to doing much blog hopping at the end of the month to see if others reached their goals and in the meantime
Happy sewing all