Saturday, February 20, 2016

FNSI

Was on again last night and following what I have been working on over the last year I finished off the 12th and last  in the series of Sunbonnet Sue door hangers.   Seeing that St Patrick's Day is celebrated in March I decided to call this months Sue "Shamrock Sue".


I have really enjoyed my year long project of creating a different Sue to represent each month of the year.    Miss M loves getting a new "Sue" each month.   It is a ritual that we talk about what "Sue" represents and then we hang it on the door of her room together.    I have put  some photos of previous "Sues" below.  I started in April last year so the first one represents April and the last one is for July.


In the photo below it starts from August and goes to November


And in the final photo it starts at December and ends with March


I now have to find another project which I can work on to fill the gap that "Sue" will leave.   But firstly I am going to see what all the other clever crafters and sewists got up to last night over at
Sugarlane Designs.

Back soon and in the meantime

Linking with One Monthly Goal

Happy sewing all


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen such beautiful work,well done my friend on a very productive night xx

Bev C said...

Hello Karen,

I love your collections of Sue, a great way to decorate your home.

Happy days.
Bev.

Craft to Do said...

Nice work I remember the little girls when I was younger.

Maria said...

How sweet your Sun Bonnet Sun door hangers are..

Raewyn said...

Fun little Sue door hangers... neat that you and your granddaughter enjoy them together!

Heidi said...

What a sweet set of Sue's Karen!

Nann said...

Congratulations on achieving not only your OMG but also a year of Sues!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful that you've finished a long term project. Good luck finding a new project.