Monday, November 25, 2019

On the big yellow bus (Day 25 Post)

Yesterday morning I decided  to spend the day in at the Rocks - an historic part of Sydney - so onto the big yellow bus it was for just under an hour's journey.    We have only 5 mins left of the trip into the City.

The bus has arrived.   Most of the  Sydney buses at the moment are "wearing" a moustache to support "Movember".


So time to walk down to The Rocks where I passed by the overseas passenger terminal at Circular Quay.    The area was quite busy as one of the large cruise ships had not long docked and many passengers were disembarking and others waiting to board.  What a great spot for visitors to Sydney to arrive at.    You have the Harbour Bridge on one side and the Opera House on the other.


Every weekend in the Rocks they have an "upmarket market" where all sorts of interesting, unique and varied items can be found.   It is always a fascinating place to wander around and being close to Christmas it was  decked out in decorations.


There were even some snow flakes


Some of the stalls



Time to have a coffee break.   Here you can sit, knit and sip all at the sametime.

I just sat and sipped.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day wandering around the Rocks and the markets.   I was even able to cross off a name or three on my Christmas list.    Very happy about that.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

2 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Looks like you had an enjoyable day at the Rocks
I went there once a very long time ago

Fiona said...

whata fun day... I love how the buses get in on Movember…. little things like that just make people smile....
Hugz