Friday, March 6, 2020

Brick by brick

I am supposed to be sorting out my scraps and getting some type of order to them but as usual getting sidetracked can happen very easily when doing such a boring task.     While going through the white and pink scrap containers temptation got in the way and I soon found myself measuring and cutting 2 1/2" white squares and 2 1/2" x 6 1/2"  pink strips which are coming together like this.


I have divided the pinks into light, medium and dark groups and mixing them up in each row.   My "building" when completed will end up by 24" x 30"  if my calculations are correct.

Thanks Cheryll for being such a fun hostess and organising FNwF .   You can pop on over here to see more projects that were worked on or completed last night.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all 

11 comments:

Maria said...

LOL sew easy to get side tracked but your pink/white brick building will make a lovely quilt.

retdairyqueen said...

That will look great when finished
Love pinks

Ondrea said...

There are some lovely fabrics in there. Have fun.

Fiona said...

Its very hard to try and tidy and sort without becoming sidetracked... I like where the pinks are taking you...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

It is always interesting to see what tidying inspires us to do. Your bricks look great.

Cheryll said...

Playing with scraps is sort of tidying anyways.. isn't it...lol
Good luck with the sorting...xox

CathyC said...

this is going to look lovely :)

Raewyn said...

At least you got sidetracked doing something worthwhile! The pink bricks are going to look good. I wonder what will happen next time you go scrap sorting?!

Kaisievic said...

I love your pink and white bricks - great way to be sidetracked!

bongtomoun1@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Preeti said...

That was a happy accident resulting in some pretty patchwork. But you have convinced me that I should NOT try tidying up. Who knows what will I find and then who knows what will happen. I must concentrate on the task at hand. Now what was I doing?