Thursday, March 19, 2020

Making us Laugh

Is the theme organised by Calico Joan of MooseStash Quilting  for Worldwide Quilting day.    I had to have a bit of a think about this and wondered what  to create that would give us all a laugh.   After  much deliberation I decided to continue on with the flip side of my mini celebrations  quilts and seeing that it is  worldwide quilting day it was the perfect excuse to create a mini quilt to reflect this.  


Now it can be quilting day everyday in my house when I have this mini on display.     I hope that this at least brought a smile to your face and maybe even a laugh.   

In order to finish off the 4 mini quilts (the others can be seen here) I went on to make one for Halloween.


These are so much fun to make that I will have to think of some more to add to my lovely  collection. 

Head on over here to visit more blogs for a good laugh. 

Wednesday March 18

Thursday March 19

Friday March 20
Monday March 23
Tuesday March 24

I hope that everyone takes the necessary precautions to try and protect themselves and stay safe against this virus that is sweeping the world.  

Linking with Midweek Makers
                      Put your foot down
                      TGIFF

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

30 comments:

Fiona said...

Great little mini.... need to be able to sew away these days...

Hugz

Barb said...

I love love your little minis...just adorable.

Farm Quilter said...

I have never tried a mini, but after seeing yours, I may have to give it a try! They are adorable!

Charlene McCain said...

Adorable little quilts! I like how they each have their own unique border. Very cute!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your minis are so cute and definitely made me smile!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love it--quilting day, every day!!! Smiling!!!

Carol said...

I love these projects! Your sewing machine is perfect for National Quilting Day, and I really like the little quilt hanging from it. Thanks for sharing!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't think I have visited here before. I looked back at your previous projects. Thanks for continuing to blog. Thanks for helping to make this a hopping good hop. I follow you now.
xx, Carol

tink's mom said...

Just a perfect piece for national quilt day. I love that you make 2 sided pieces, it just makes so much sense.

Calicojoan said...

I love mini's! They are such a fun way to stash bust! Double sided is even better. The timing of your inspiration is perfect. My mind is spinning! Thanks for joining us!

Carol Swift said...

I love your mini quilts and quilt holder! So sweet and versatile, too. Thank you for the smiles!

Lori Smanski said...

so sweet. thanks for the smiles.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is such a great little quilt and definitely fit National Quilting Day/Week!! Thanks for the smile.

Marian said...

Absolutely lovely

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing! I love making and seeing little quilts.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Karen! Oh, your little quilt is just the perfect thing to make someone smile. I love the whole idea behind this project. Stay healthy and safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

Carla said...

Such a sweet little mini. It really does make me smile.

Emily said...

What a cute little sewing machine! Absolutely made me smile!

FlashinScissors said...

Love all your mini quilts, and what a lovely stand!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Karen, that's a really cute mini. Love it - and it did make me smile. Thanks!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Sweet projects.

Susan said...

That little machine is perfect for celebrating quilting day!

Carol Andrews said...

Minis are such a fun little project and the machine is just sew sweet.

Maria said...

Such cute minis and I love the wee hanger...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute mini. Great idea.

LJ said...

There's that cute mini quilt hanger. :) That makes me smile. You can be a bit Qwasy but stay safe and healthy.

Bethan said...

That is such a cute mini! Lovely design x

Michelle said...

Cute little mini quilts.

For the love of geese said...

These are both adorable. Thank you for sharing on Put your foot down.

Cheryll said...

Great MiNi's you've made... & the stands are perfect. I ran a MiNi swap club a few years back so I have a few to display during the year too. So much FuN changing them... EnJoY yours...xox