Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A bit more Blue

During the week I found more light and bright blue scraps and this is how they have ended up.  While doing a bit of a tidy up in the sewing room  some leftover bindings from previous quilts were  uncovered which when joined together made enough to go around one of the quilts.   Two more quilts to add to the others for the PICU.


My WOOFA challenge for this month - and will be for sometime to come - is to continue tidying up the scrap patch and trying to use them up  in various projects.   As you can see the scraps in the left quilt are smaller than those on the right - the scraps are reducing so I think this meets my WOOFA challenge for the month of April.  To see more WOOFA challenge finishes pop on over to Cheryll's blog and while you are there do not forget to sign up for FNwF#1 for this month.

May sees a new colour announced for the rainbow scrap challenge - I wonder what it will be.

My OMG for April was to find suitable fabrics for my It is Cool to be Square project and make a start on it.

I can report that this goal was successfully reached.     Here are the fabrics


And a peak at progress.   The yellow fabric is only covering the project.


Linking with Midweek Makers
                     Put your Foot Down
                     OMG April
                     TGIFF
                     Finished or not Finished Friday
                     So Scrappy

Back soon and in the meantime



Happy sewing all

18 comments:

Maria said...

Two more lovely PICI...Great way to use up some more scraps ...
Hmm wonder what you are making ???

Nähbegeisterte said...

I love your quilts. 😁 There are also two tips here, but I don't really dare to do it ...

Many greetings from your sewing enthusiast Andrea

Fiona said...

great use of your scraps.. lovely little quilts... nope... can't make out your cool to be square project!! haha
Hugz

Susan said...

Great finish for the PI quilts...looking forward to the new project

Cheryll said...

All projects look like they are progressing well. Stay safe...xox

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lovely use of scrap fabrics. You just reminded me about OMG - I don't even remember what my goal was. It seems like the start of April was months ago LOL

Ondrea said...

Lovely quilts! Well done.

Susan said...

Great scrap use! I need to start on my Cool to be Square project too - the date is coming up fast.

Yvonne said...

Those two PICU quilts are so sweet!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely PICU quilts, love the one with cream background. Great start with the squares!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Such sweet quilts!!

Kathy S. said...

Yeah for PICU quilts. As a recipient of a NICU quilt almost 13 years ago, they really are appreciated.

dq said...

I liked the little sneak peak at your "It's Cool to be Square" as I am participating in that blog hop in May. I have a fun idea for a design to go with the theme, but likely won't even do it. Starting a new project is not what I should be doing right now.

Denise said...

More great scrap projects. You have me looking at my scraps, in fact I did a little rough organizing of them by size Friday. However I'm not convinced I have enough just yet. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome use for those extra bits of Light Bright BLUE!!!

CathyC said...

great use of scraps :)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen lovely work my friend and a great way for using up scraps ,well done xx

Cheryll said...

We are all making some good progress on our WOOFA projects aren't we. Keep up the great work Karen...xox