Monday, September 28, 2020

Another mini sewing retreat & WOOFA challenge

I nominated my landscape quilt as my WOOFA challenge for the month and it was finished as you can see in this previous post

My friend and I enjoyed our last one day mini sewing retreat via Facetime so much so that we repeated it again.    First up Daphne finished off her stitchery that she was working on when we last Facetimed and  it now adorns the front of a small zip bag.


This time she was working on this cross stitch.   


And below can be seen a screen photo of her progress.   A few more Facetime sewing sessions ahead of us me thinks.  


Meanwhile  I worked on quilting some fabric for a snap top bag


Once the front and back were quilted I moved onto cutting up some green fabrics into 2 1/2" squares for a project that was to be started at the beginning of the year but for some reason was never saw the light of day.     More on that later.


I am trying to go scrappy but cannot just put my hand in  pull out the first piece and sew it to the last piece.    There has to be a certain amount of control as to where light, medium and dark are placed  to make me happy.    

Hubs and I did a walk along one of our local beaches during the week enjoying the lovely Spring weather. 



Don't forget to head on over to Cheryll's blog to see more WOOFA challenge projects.  

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Janice said...

Isn't it great to get a finish early in the month. I'm like you with scraps. I love to use them, but there still has to be some order or it just looks like a mish mash.

Maria said...

Lovely finish Karen ..
Have fun with those scraps..

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Like all your green squares...I have the same problem with being scrappy...I want all the colors to match...my solution for this is to make a Crazy Quilt...have a great day!

Cheryll said...

Thanks Karen for joining in WOOFA again... & a NiCe finish too...
Good luck with those scraps... xox

kiwikid said...

Well don on your finish, your friends stitchery is beautiful. Have fun with your scraps.

jude's page said...

I know what you mean about the scraps, but i think it gets easier

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

lovely stitcheries your friend has done and good for you getting your project going. I love the little mini charms projects

Fiona said...

lovely mini retreat.. michelle and I sew for a few hours every couple of weeks.. it makes a big difference.. one of the good things to come out of Covid I say! Lovely work. I am also a bit like that with scrappy.... there needs to be some control in place!
Hugz