Friday, November 12, 2021

Good Weather for Ducks

 

As hubs and I were driving out of the carpark  the rain was pelting down however this duck was not the least bit perturbed as it was crossing in front of us.   Not sure which direction it was heading as the lake is in the opposite direction.    The reason for us being out on such a wet and miserable day was to enjoy a belated birthday lunch to celebrate our birthdays which both happened during lockdown.    This is an annual event and we go to our favourite restaurant.   

Hubs can never go past a good fish and chips while I chose barramundi with veggies and a lovely light lemon sauce.

We were both very naughty when it came to choosing a dessert which we never eat at home so it was a real treat to indulge.  

Needless to say that the kitchen was closed that night.   

Time spent in the sewing room saw the toucan quilt sandwiched and pinned.

I was able to finish off the tissue covers that were started last Friday night.   They are all ready to go when and if needed.   

A new book was started.

My quilting group is able to meet together again tomorrow as a group inside the community hall that we use.    It will be lovely to catch up in person after all these months.     That about wraps up my week. 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

Wonderful lunch, both courses!! One happy duck there. We have the rain for ducks here today!

jude's page said...

Glad you are able to meet again,and your lunch looks yumm

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your lunch looks delish and that dessert! YUM!
Enjoy your sewing group. I'm sure there'll be lots of chatting and catching up with your friends.

Julierose said...

Beautiful photo--it looks like an oriental painting with those rain drop blurrings!!
I am a fish n' chips gal too--yum. We haven't been out for lunch in a very long time--I miss doing that!! Now that we've both had booster shots, perhaps we can venture out a bit more...
Hugs Julierose

Maria said...

Lovely to be able to go out for your delicious belated birthday lunch…
Toucan quilt is looking great and nice work finishing the tissue box covers.
Enjoy your book.

Jeanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday! The lunch celebration sounds devine...those desserts! The quilt is cute, too!

Barwitzki said...

Birthday greetings late ... but from the bottom of my heart. All the best.
The dessert - so delicious. I couldn't resist :-)))
Sewing machine covered, because new project ended ... if small, but very nice :-)))
Happy greetings to you. Viola

Fiona said...

Happy Birthdays to you both... lovely way to celebrate. Worth going out in the rain for that. Some lovely sewing done in your space. I enjoy LP books too.
Hugz

Janet O. said...

I would brave the rain to get out and celebrate, too. Yum!! Like you, I allow myself to indulge in dessert out only for my birthday (and possibly our anniversary).
Your quilt looks great, and I love tissue covers like those. Keep one in each purse. Those look good. from here. :)

Lawrence Christiansen said...

Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 14 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let you all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Okiti and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1 484 393 5484