Saturday, November 20, 2021

This Week and FNSI

Another week has flown by and progress has been made on quilting the toucan quilt.  After looking at it for a few days and trying to decide on how to quilt it I went with the favourite of the walking foot and doing grids across and down the blocks as can be seen below.     I am pulling the ends through, tying them off and burying them at the end of each block even though it is slowing down the quilting process it does not leave such a huge job at the end.   

When joining Wendy and many others for our once a month FNSI together 3 teatowels were jazzed up for my giftie box.    Take some plain teatowels and pretty fabric - I thought the teapots/coffee pots was a  suitable choice for kitchen towels.


Do a bit of trimming of the teatowel, cutting and pinning of the feature fabric


And you have pretty teatowels in no time - well maybe an hour for the 3 of them.   


A batch of lemon and coconut muffins were made during the week.


We have a  blueberry ash bush very close to our bedroom window which has a beautiful display of flowers at present.


A belated birthday gift from my quilting group which I received when we met up last weekend.


There was an early start in my house yesterday as I was rostered on to do the set up duty at the hospital auxiliary stall.   This is the first one that we have had for several months and many volunteers have been very busy during lockdown sewing, knitting and cooking.  Some of the items that we had on sale  included gorgeous handknits, jams, marmalades, relishes and chutneys, little girls dresses, aprons,  cute Christmas decorations and tablerunners.






The stall is on again today with other volunteers working there.    I am going to make a start on making more baby bibs over the next week as our supply is almost sold out and there is another stall on December 4.   

Thank you Wendy for organising us again.

There are a few things that need to be attended to this morning and my plan is to then join in the Zoom Party that is being held by Chookyblue again today.    She is always in the chookshed early in order to catch up with our overseas zoomers due to the time difference.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

9 comments:

Susan said...

What a round up - love the tea towel idea - a great gift or stall item?

Love the look of the tiny baby jackets...how cute.

Fiona said...

You have been busy with an assortment of different projects.. the stall looks really good... great idea for the tea towels to cheer them up a bit...
Hugz

Maria said...

Yes I like to sew ends away as I do the quilting so I keep an open ended needle close at hand….
Love the tea towels …
What a great lovely collection of handmade and home cooked goodies for the stalll.
Missed you at Zoom.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love how you dressed up those tea towels. I definitely need to give that a try.

Jeanna said...

I love the toucan fabric! The lemon coconut muffins sound delish...I enjoy all things lemon. The towels are genius and would make a great gift.

Ondrea said...

Your tea towels are lovely. I have done the same with handtowels in the guest bathroom. Your quilting decision is perfect.

collettakay said...

Love the tea towels! I've never thought to pair lemon and coconut. I bet they were delicious :)

Colletta

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your stalls went well.............how do you make your bibs?
Sorry we missed you on zoom......

Susie H said...

I think that's wonderful that all of you make such interesting items to sell at the hospital. Your bibs are adorable and I'm sure they sell quickly. Yummy muffins! Hope you're having a great week and had a good time at the Zoom!