Friday, November 5, 2021

This Week in the sewing room and FNwF

I cannot believe that we are already into the first week of November.    This year is flying by even though we have not been anywhere or done anything. 

Life is slowly returning to normal and a trip to the supermarket is no longer the highlight of  my week.  Friends joined hubs and I for lunch at our home.    They did help us move and the last time they were here there were sheets on the ground and boxes up the walls with nothing to sit on except the floor.     It was lovely to be able to give them a guided tour with all our furniture in place and something comfortable to sit on.

A new book was started

A beanie finished

And another started

Restaurants and coffee shops are welcoming back patrons with open arms as can be seen in the sign below.


With all the new health regulations it takes ages to check into and out of shops and we are greeted at every doorway with signs like these.


Both of my quilting groups have resumed as has the knitting group that I have joined.
When joining Cheryll and the other crafters tonight I made a start on making some purse size tissue holders.    They are handy to have in my gifite box for a quick unexpected gift when needed.  

                                                          

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

14 comments:

ButterZ said...

It is great to be able to have visitors to the house now. Slowly catching up with everyone makes us now very busy

Jeanna said...

It still Friday DAY here but I'm looking foward to sewing tonight. Those tissue holders are very useful and really do make nice gifts. I've made several in the past and everyone loved them.

Fiona said...

One really starts appreciating things we just take for granted after times like lockdowns.... You have a real factory line there with your tissue holders... they are perfect size for handbags...
Hugz

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Pleased to read that you enjoyed having friends over. After so long, it's so lovely to have that opportunity. Enjoy your weekend.

Janice said...

It’s nice that you can actually get back to some form of reality, while still getting some crafting done.

Maria said...

Lovely things are getting back to normal for you and you were able to invite friends over again…
Nice pile of tin tissue covers…

Susie H said...

Nice job on the beanie and pompom! Who doesn't love purple!!?! Sorry to say that in my home state (Illinois) we are still all shuttered up pretty good too. Masks are required everywhere and temperatures taken here & there. Didn't we think we'd be done with this by now? Have a great week!

Jeanette said...

Nice that everything is getting back to "normal" for you. Love the beanie, my favourite colour. Hugs, xx

Ondrea said...

The book looks interesting. I think you are the Queen of beanies. Gooc that you can get out more but I am still waiting to see how things go since people have been arriving from overseas without quarantining. Keep safe.

Raewyn said...

So good to hear life is returning to normal for you albeit with a few more steps before you can walk into a shop! And great that social interactions are now more personal. Love the beanie and good idea with the tissue case sewing for the gift box.

Cheryll said...

Tissue covers never go astray. Thanks for joining in FNWF too...xox

jude's page said...

It's not such a simple thing is it now, to just pop into a shop quickly

kiwikid said...

So good to have visitors isn't it! Great beanie sewing and the tissue cases are lovely.

Lawrence Christiansen said...

Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 14 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let you all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Okiti and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1 484 393 5484