Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Churn Dash SAL progress

I am pleased to report that the tabletopper and matching set of two placemats have now been quilted using a radiating diamond pattern.    How to quilt  the items was an issue until some research on you-tube solved the problem.    


I only have a DSM and do not feel confident enough to do FMQ on something that I have spent ages on getting straight and lined up to the nth degree.  Having uneven stitches at times when going around curves or loops with FMQ drives me crazy so I just stick with my walking foot so I can be assured of even stitches throughout the quilting process.  As you all know I do not do anything by hand.  

Don't forget to check out the progress of others in the SAL which can be done by heading over here and clicking on the various bloggers taking part. 

Next step is the binding.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Lin said...

That is a great way to quilt your churn dashes. xx

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilting looks very nice! Enjoy using the placemats, happy stitching!

Janice said...

It has turned out well. I’m with you. Straight lines on the DSM. I have yet to learn how to do curves on my quilting frame

Maria said...

Great job of the straight line quilt on your DSM...

Fiona said...

Great quilting design.... where would we be without Utube and Google?
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Great quilting on your Churn dash Karen.

Jeanette said...

The quilting looks lovely. It has turned out well.

Chookyblue...... said...

looking good I like that quilting.......