Saturday, August 20, 2022

Little dresses and FNSI

The countdown is on -  3 weeks to go until Spring Fair Day so the sewing room has been a hive of activity this week finishing off dresses that were cut out last week.     The decision was to make 6 of the same size - that being size 4  - as my experience is young girls love a twirly dress  that is easy to get on and off so my "go to pattern" that has been used many times over the years was used.   Here is the result.

Last night when joining in for FNSI these apple pot holders were finished off.


I finished reading this book during the week.    A good quick read set in Sydney and the Blue Mountains area in the late 1940's.    It was interesting reading the names such as George Street Sydney, the Strand  Arcade - my favourite arcade in Sydney  -  the Hydro Magestic Hotel at Blackheath and surrounding areas.    



Thanks Wendy for getting us "altogether" again for a crafting night.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh cute Karen you have done great .. You will have to share some pics of your stand when the markets held.....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

These dresses are gorgeous and yes little girls of that age love twirly skirts. Apple pot holders look great. You've have a very busy week!

ButterZ said...

Very pretty dresses and those pot holders are cute. I wish I had your motivation. We have a trade table at end of September and I have made nothing. Great job. I too would love to see your stand.

Janice said...

Cute dresses and pot holders. The book sounds interesting to read. I like her books.

Maria said...

Those little dresses look so sweet hanging together.
Nice Apple pot holders.. Guess you could make Orange shaped ones to!
Book looks good.

Fiona said...

Oh I love the row of pretty dresses! And the pot holders are great too - can never have too many. I am listening to Tara Moss at the moment while I sew... enjoying her.

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Beautiful dresses Karen, and great pot holders! Hope the fair goes really well for you. I enjoy Tara Moss books.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful dresses & love the cute potholders. The book looks interesting.

Lin said...

Such pretty dresses and the pot holders look great. xx

jude's page said...

Those dresses are sure to be snapped up quickly, you've been busy

Ondrea said...

LOL I have just ordered the same book! Fiona suggeseted I may like Tara Moss and I chose that particular book. Love the dresses. Another mammoth sewing event.

Susie H said...

The apple pot holders are so pretty! Love how they turned out. Of course, any little girl would LOVE to twirl in one of those dresses. I'm not a garment maker so I'm envious of that skill-set. See you next month!

Vicki said...

The apple pot holders areso cool, and I'm sure any little girl would love to wear one of those dresses.