Sunday, May 15, 2016

My "happy" happy plant

Many many years ago my parents gave hubs and I a happy plant as a wedding anniversary gift.     After a few months of living on our dining room table the poor plant was anything but happy.     It was looking very miserable  with brown drooping leaves - I am sure from overwatering - so it was moved out into a semi-shaded position in the garden to fend for itself and given the odd splash of water in between rain showers.   Last week when I was doing a bit of gardening to my surprise I noticed that it had flowered after all these years.  


After a quick search on the "net" I found that it not many flower and when they do it has taken up to 25 years or more for some to do so.     I also read that once they flower they die.   Oh no after all this time I would hate for that to happen.   I will return to that website and read up a bit more to see if there is something that I can do to save my happy plant otherwise I will not be happy.  

Back soon and in the meantime

 Happy sewing all

No comments: