Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Being a tourist

Today was one of those days that you just had to be out and about enjoying the sparkle of the city.   I caught the Manly ferry into the city.  This is the view of the bridge from the ferry as it comes into the City.


My aim was to find the newly installed lift that takes you to the main deck of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  It cuts out the need to walk up 64 steps.   Well there it is but how do I get to it from where I am -  do I go up these steps or down this alley?????


It appears none of them so I wound my way around the streets of what is known as the Rocks and finally found the entrance to the lift.  Up I go and here is the view from the walkway.   The first photo is of course the Sydney Opera House, the second is taken from underneath the first pylon on the bridge.   You can access the top of the pylon but I did not fancy going up 200 steps and then back down 200 steps.   The traffic never stops across the Bridge day and night and the last photo is taken back down in one of the park areas at Circular Quay.    


After all that walking it was time for a coffee and catch the ferry back to Manly.    I thoroughly enjoyed the day being a tourist in my city. 

Back soon and in the meantime

    
Happy sewing all


2 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely photos, nice to be a tourist occasionally especially in Sydne.

Bethan said...

Touristy days are great! Thank you for sharing your photos x