Saturday, October 3, 2020

2 1/2" Square Obsession

Like most quilters there is always an abundance sitting around the sewing room of leftover 2 1/2" squares from previous projects, small pieces of  fabric just waiting to be  cut into 2 1/2" squares as well as bits of leftover bindings which are already cut into 2 1/2" strips that only need to be ironed and cut into 2 1/2" squares.      Last night when joining Cheryll and the others for FNwF the time was spent sewing more green 2 1/2" squares together.


This is an experiment which hopefully end up being a green fabric box measuring  8" x 8" wide by 8" x 10" long.  Time will tell. 

During the week my walking companions and I headed south and did the coastal walk between Curl Curl and Freshwater.

                                      

                                     

                                     

It is a long weekend here in NSW but at the moment every weekend is a long weekend so it will be no different for hubs and I but there are plans to spend sometime in the sewing room working on getting those green squares looking like a box.    If it works out more fabric boxes are in the pipeline.   

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

13 comments:

Fiona said...

I just drool at seeing scraps beign sewn together.... it is such fun.... weather looks lovely for the walk.... long weekend here too.... maybe a short outing and some sewing...
Hugz

Maria said...

I'm sure the green scraps will make a great box....
I'm sure you enjoyed your lovely walk along the coast....
Our longweekend was last week but as you say every weekend for us is a long one....enjoy.

jude's page said...

Looks like a great place to walk, beside the sea. Look forward to a finished box with those squares

Pink Rose said...

Hi Karen wow the beach looks so lovely and what a lovely place to do your walking.i look forward to seeing your progress on your green squares,take care my friend xx

Narelle said...

Great idea, I need to get cutting squares again.

Susie H said...

So true about leftover squares from previous projects. Looks like a beautiful walk. Glad you got out with some friends.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

there are so many things you can do with the 2.5 inch mini's. Looking forward to seeing your green box when it is finished! Looks like a lovely walk.....what beautiful scenery!

Raewyn said...

I hope your green square sewing works out a you plan Karen :-) It always amazes me how quickly those scraps accumulate! It looks like you had a really enjoyable walk - nice to have some good weather for getting out and about.

kiwikid said...

Your greens scraps are comimg together well. Your walk looked wonderful nothing better than walking by the ocean with friends.

Ondrea said...

Great idea using those squares. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

dq said...

I wish I had long weekends along the beach like you. Long weekends are few and far between because of work, but I am so thankful to be able to go to work. Also, there are no beaches where I live.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in FNwF & I look forward to seeing your "green" box finished too...xox

Janice said...

You certainly chose a scenic walk. So different from where we are. Was it very busy? It doesn't look to be in the photos. I love the idea of your green box. Is it for storing your green scraps? I hope it turns out as well as you want.