Thursday, October 22, 2020

This Week in the Sewing Room

Was spent working on and finishing off my Halloween wallhanging.   While Halloween is not celebrated in Australia like other countries I have always thought that it would be fun to have a small wallhanging so time was spent "googling" colouring in pages to find some ideas.    I came up with a couple of pictures and combined them to come up with this


I also added in a few star buttons  in the sky and of course a frog near the base of the cauldron.  It is hanging in my sewing room and everytime I look at it I have a little chuckle to myself.   This was my OMG project for October and I feel pleased to have it finished well within the timeframe.  

More time was spent on cutting up purple scrap fabric for my next fabric box and making a start on getting the squares sewn together.  Progress so far looks like this.  Believe it or not there is some sort of order and system in this. 


It is still a bit too cool for me to venture into the water to start swimming but I have been walking along the beach or above it.    How blue is blue

Or green is green


During the week I was given a whole lot of 8 1/2" batik squares.    My thinking cap has been put on  and the challenge is to come up with something to make with them.    Not all of them are my colour choices so it will be interesting to see how they end up.


Off to start the day - a day of domestic chores - and hopefully an hour or so in the sewing room if I am lucky.

Linking up with Put Your Foot Down
                           Finished or Not Friday
                           TGIFF
                           OMG
                           Meadow Mist Designs

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all  

19 comments:

ButterZ said...

Love the cauldron

Gail said...

Help! The Witch is in trouble! So cute, glad she makes you smile! Halloween is such fun, the children here have three favorite holidays-Christmas, Valentines Day and Halloween! Enjoy the Blue and the Green.

Denise said...

Lovely photos. You had me giggling with your wall hanging, it's so cute. Thank you for the smile today and for linking up to Put your foot down.

Fiona said...

Thats a fun halloween wallhanging and beautiful views .... looking forward to seeing what all those squares and the batik's become....
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Wonderful hanging you have made. Love the sea view too, and your batiks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Janice said...

I like that you have a fun Halloween wall hanging. The scenery on your walks is stunning. Look how blue that sky is. Yes, you look organised with your basket making and I’m sure you will come up with something nice with the batik squares

Cheryll said...

NIce work Karen... & the witch potion looks fantastic...xox

WeedyMama said...

Your "Halloweenie" kind of sums up 2020. I love it. And thinking about celebrating Halloween at a 'greening up and blue-ing" time of year ... just doesn't work. Maybe a 'spring' witch? (She's probably a close relative of the 'kitchen' witch.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great Halloween wall hanging. Beautiful spot for your wander Karen. Have fun with your batiks xx

Bethan said...

Oh that wall hanging is amazing!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks for sharing photos as it is so nice to see where folks live. I enjoy that. Meanwhile, love that hanging and your box making as well. Imagine getting to swim there in that beautiful sea. Take care now.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love the photos of the ocean and greenery, especially since we're in the opposite season rotation. I'm interested to see what will become of your purple squares!

Ondrea said...

Love your Halloween wall hanging. Very clever. Some lovely batiks there.

Nicole Painchaud said...

Perfect timing. Something to hang for Halloween.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What beautiful landscapes!! and your witch is just so cute - It would give me a good smile too each time I looked at it!

Patty said...

Very fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Kathryn T said...

The Halloween wall hanging is just adorable, we don't really celebrate Halloween here in NZ either although the shops sort of promote it. I think I'll just get a couple of nieces and nephew a knocking at my door! Kathryn Quilts

dq said...

Oh my goodness! I just love the witch in the brew! Great find here today!

Quiltpiecer said...

Love your Halloween wall hanging. So very creative. Enjoyed your post with the scenic photos. Beautiful.