Saturday, October 31, 2020

This Week in the sewing room

Has been about using up scraps from those small overflowing plastic containers that are cluttering up my sewing room.    At some stage in the past they were in colour order but over time they have become a jumbled mess.   This does not include the six drawers of my sewing table jammed full of scraps.    Embarrassing.  


So you can see the need for my fabric baskets that are being made from these scraps.   So far I have made green and yellow baskets with good progress being made using purple fabrics.  The squares for the outside are all sewn together and the sides have been sandwiched and pinned ready for some FMQ.


I also finished off my shower cap for a blog hop using pink scraps.    


My WOOFA challenge for this month was to continue organising my scraps and use them in projects which I think was met.   To see more WOOFA challenges pop on over here.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all 

10 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's amazing how fast our scrap baskets fill up, isn't it?

Cheryll said...

I love the idea of scrap coloured baskets... the more projects we start...the more scraps we create... EnJoY xox

kiwikid said...

You are doing well using up scraps.

Janice said...

Managing Scraps is a never ending UFO. I hope you get to work on a different one eventually. However, I think you are having fun playing with all your fabrics.

Maria said...

It’s a never ending job trying to manage scraps ... your baskets should help....

Fiona said...

I am always so amazed at just how far scraps go... and how they continually build up... lucky they are fun to play with...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

In sure you will have you people box finished in no time.... What colours next?

dq said...

Your description of the "jumbled Mess" I can relate too. My philosophy is that if a pile sits long enough, when you finally go through it it will be time to just throw the whole thing away lol.

Ondrea said...

Busy , busy, busy. At least you are using your jumbled mess. Lol, I just piled all my fabrics used for my BOM in a small laundry basket because they were stacked on my sewing table getting in the way.

dq said...

I have never thought about making a shower cap. How fun!